Posting your fundraising campaign online is the easy part. Your setup is personalize by you. You select when to disburse your funds directly into your bank account. Our services differ in that we do not accept every campaign. We select socially driven startups or businesses that strive for a better world.
You can raise any amount and within the timeframe you select. There are no limits on how little or how much you may raise.
Before you submit a project, you should have a 60 second YouTube video detailing your organization, your solution and who you might enable or empower. This video will be embed into your submittal form along with photos and text of your project.
Don’t leave out rewards. You can list multiple reward levels for pledge amounts.
Use of funds raised
Funds raised are to be used to launch a socially driven startup or to grow an established social benefit enterprise.
We use the very best in secure payment encryption technology. Not only are your donors’ online payments safe, your money is stored securely until you request a withdrawal via electronic bank transfer. Accounts may also request a check.
The Foundation is based in San Diego, California USA. We operate within Alliant International University. We provide on campus entrepreneurial education to help support your fundraising.
Withdrawing Raised Funds
Once your fundraising campaign begins receiving online donations, you can easily request a withdrawal at any time. Don’t worry, withdrawing money does not affect the progress meter. You can withdraw your balance directly to your bank account.
Crowdfunding Platform Fees
While it’s free to create and share your online fundraising campaign, we deduct a fee from each donation that you receive. Since our fee is deducted automatically, you’ll never need to worry about being billed or owing us any money. A small credit card processing fee will also be deducted from each donation.
- Platform fee 5% (Summer Promo, fee waived until December 31st)
- Credit card processing fee @3% (based on merchant service picked by you)
Crowdfunding Assistance Parameters
We help promote your campaigns with a one month pre-planning session followed by a three month social media and Google Adwords campaign.
- Campaign’s duration is four months
- CAFF offers crowdfunding platform access, counseling and assistance
- One month of essential pre-planning sessions: content storyboarding and campaign video
- Social Media coordination and management
- Funding/fundraising range is unlimited without minimum thresholds
- Campaigns include three months access to CAFF’s non-profit crowdfunding platform
- CAFF will expend up to $500 per month in Google Adwords advertisement per campaign
- Established US business that has a socially driven mission.
- Organizations that are aligned with CAFF’s mission statement
- Legally organized existing for-profit and non-profit organizations
- Submission of completed applications approved by CAFF
- Must indemnify CAFF of enabling venture of current and future activities
- CAFF will not consider social venture projects that violate existing law or exclusion, violate platform policies and discriminate individuals, groups, or communities.
Criteria for Selected Projects
- Must articulation a strong social venture impact and benefit
- Provide a clear identification of problem, scale, and social need
- Includes innovation of proposed social venture and proposed outcomes
- Measurement of community benefit, scale, and time frame
- Social venture cost and financial viability
- Proof of concept must be completed
- Must show a viable monetization strategy
- Proposed investors and leverage of existing funds and/or resources
Method for Selecting Projects
- CAFF staff will review all eligible projects against listed criteria and make recommendations to CAFF Social Venture Panel for approval
- CAFF Social Venture Panel is composed of staff and expert volunteers that will review recommendations and determine selected projects for support
- Notification of selected projects will be made via email and results posted on CAFF website and selected social media outlets
- Assistance service last 4 consecutive months. A $500 fee will cover setup, media advice, promotional assistance and Google Adwords. An additional Crowdfunding Platform and credit card processing fee may be added. (See Crowdfunding Platform Fees)