- NO PURCHASE OR CONTRIBUTION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR CONTRIBUTION WILL NOT IMPROVE AN INDIVIDUAL’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
- The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received and/or the number of contestants participating in the contest.
- Participants and winners must be legal residents of California, at least eighteen (18) years or older, unless otherwise specified in a particular contest, and they must have a valid California ID and US social security number as of the date and time of entering any contest. Winners acknowledge that if they enter any contest under a fraudulent name and/or social security number, they will automatically be disqualified from the contest.
- Employees of the California Foundation Fund, their affiliates, their representatives, the contest’s participating sponsors and their agencies and members of the immediate families of such are ineligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
- All prizes must be accepted as awarded. Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. Winners must redeem the prize within seven (7) calendar days after notification of winning, unless otherwise specified at the time of winning or unless specified for a particular contest. If a winner fails to redeem the prize within seven (7) calendar days, the winner forfeits the prize and no other prize will be awarded in its place. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified, we reserve the right to determine an alternate winner or to not award that winner’s prize. We retain the right to substitute a prize with another similar prize of equal or greater value in the event the original prize offered is not available due to circumstances beyond its control.
- Delivery of prizes: All prizes will be picked up at our office during normal business hours, unless otherwise noted. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, misdirected or damaged mail. Prizes lost or damaged in mailing will not be replaced.
- Payment of taxes and related expenses: Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize which are not expressly included as part of the prize.
- Required documentation: Winners of prizes with a fair market value of $600 or greater must execute and return an IRS Form W-9 and an affidavit of eligibility and liability release, as well as any additionally required forms, and must provide a photocopy of a legal document showing California residence and a photocopy of a legal document showing the winner’s social security number within seven (7) calendar days after receiving such forms or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries. Winners agree to accept the estimate of fair market value of the prize. Winners of prizes with a fair market value of less than $600 may be requested to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and provide a photocopy of a legal document showing California residence. Where such forms are requested, winners must execute and return such forms and documents within seven (7) calendar days after receiving the forms or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries. We may require proof of each winner’s own social security number before a prize can be sent to the winner.
- Release of liability: All winners and their guests, by acceptance of any prize, agree to release and hold forever harmless the California Foundation Fund and their affiliated prize partners, their affiliated companies, their agents, officers, employees, affiliates and assigns for any injuries, accidents, misfortunes, or causes of action arising from or in connection with participation in any contest, acceptance of any prize, use of any prize, or while traveling to or from any prize related activity.
- The California Foundation Fund has the sole discretion to terminate a contest at any given time or extend the dates of a contest. The California Foundation Fund retains the right to amend these rules at any time for any reason.
- The California Foundation Fund reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value upon notice or change to the contest rules. Any ties, disputes, conflicts, questions or concerns regarding our contests and/or their associated prizes will be handled by the Director of Marketing whose decisions are final and indisputable.
- Choice of law: These rules and all contests are governed by and controlled by the laws of the State of California, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted solely within the State of California, San Diego County. The parties consent to the jurisdiction of the state courts of California and the federal courts located with such state and county with respect to any action, dispute or other matter pertaining to or arising out of these rules and all contests.
- Specific types of contests: To enter a contest on one of our websites or by text methods, participants must complete all the information deemed necessary to declare a winner. The California Foundation Fund does not assume any liability for any malfunction of the telecommunication, internet or individual computer systems. Winning entry(s) will be randomly selected from all valid entries received. If an entry is illegible or does not supply all information deemed necessary to declare a winner, the entry will be deemed invalid and another entry will be selected.
NO PURCHASE OR CONTRIBUTION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
To request a copy of these official rules and/or a list of winners after a contest ends, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Contest Rules [and/or] Winner Names, Contest Name, California Foundation Fund, c/o Marketing Director, 374 East H Street A133, Chula Vista, CA 91910.